The West Highland Way is one of the World’s classic long distance routes. A fantastic introduction to walking in Scotland or a long term ambition, whichever this is, the Way is an achievable walk for any reasonably active person.
This is one of C-N-Do’s specially crafted slow travel tours, to get to know Scotland.
Enjoy, and come again or tell your friends. Slow travel - the only way to holiday in Scotland.
Each day’s walk has a different feel, differing landscapes, and makes for wonderful memories.
Trips at short notice or during peak times may be more costly. Please ask for a quote.
Please Note: This tour starts in Milngavie, on the outskirts of Glasgow and finishes in Fort William. Travel tickets or extra nights can be provided. Just let us know exactly what you want. Or if you'd rather do it north to south, let us know.
Departures in peak times of the year (July & August) require 2 months notice.
- A journey along Scotland's most well known long distance path, 96 miles from Glasgow to the foot of Ben Nevis.
- Each day you walk through different landscapes and through grander and grander scenery.
- For those new to Scotland, a fantastic introduction to the walking opportunities we have to offer.
- Stunning scenery and an amazing achievement
- Island studded Loch Lomond
- Conic Hill
- Loch side oak woods
- Wide Strathfillan
- The mighty mountains and wide lonely expanses of Rannoch Moor
- The Devil's staircase and winding descent to Loch Leven
- Beautiful birch woods and the rugged Lairig
Carbon Conservation - Give Something Back
Support the C-N-Do Scotland Carbon Conservation project and contribute to the reduction of the CO2 and Carbon released from your day to day travel by improving the natural Carbon reservoirs of Scotland.
Day 1: Milngavie train station at 09.30, sign in with baggage transfer bus. Walk to Drymen, 21km.
Day 2: Walk to Rowardennan via Conic Hill and Balmaha, 21km.
Day 3: Walk to Inverarnan via Loch Lomond and Inverarnan, 22.5km.
Day 4: Walk to Tyndrum via Glen Falloch and Strathfillan, 22.5km
Day 5: Walk to Kingshouse via Rannoch Moor, 27km.
Day 6: Walk to Kinlochleven via Devil’s staircase, 16km.
Day 7: Walk to Fort William via Lairig Mor, 22.5km
Day 8: Onward journey. If you get the opportunity, the return rail journey to Glasgow is one not to be missed.
When to go:
The best time to go is just about anytime. Each season has its own special feeling.
March–April: Late snows on the high hills and the clear winter air makes for sparklingly clear landscapes and photos.
May-June: Spring flowers and the first flush of luminous green as the trees burst forth.
July–August: Summer days, birds galore, the start of the heather colours on the hills.
September–October: Autumn tints increasingly form the colour palette, the haunting sounds of deer rutting, and the autumn mists adding to the mystery of the hills.
Superior Option - What's Included:
- 7 nights in 2 person en-suite hotels/inns/or ocasionally excellent quality guest houses
- 7 Breakfasts
- The Classic West Highland Way over 7 days walking
- Baggage Transfers
- Walking maps for the areas visited
- Walking route suggestions for the areas visited
- Holiday Dossier with background information and advice, local attractions and suggestions.
- Emergency contact in Scotland
- VAT at the current rate of 20%
- Take the classic train journey south to Glasgow
- Take the ‘Harry Potter’ steam train to the coast at Mallaig
- Stay on in Fort William to have a go at walking up Ben Nevis
- Book extra accommodation in Fort William for some additional exploring
- Have some time in Glasgow or Edinburgh before or after for some City Culture
- Meals not specified above
- Optional local bus journeys or excursions or entries
- £675 per person based 2 people sharing a room
- £155 single supplement
- £915 individual booking
Video from our West Highland Way
Sorry, there is currently no video available for this activity.
1 person per booking in a single room. (Single room supplement included)
2 or more walkers:
Minimum 2 people per booking based 2 sharing. (Single room supplement extra £60 per person)
(2 or more)
- Grade: -
- Price: 695
- Duration: 8 days
- Accommodation: 7 nights
- Walking: 7 days
- Group size: 1 or more
- Start: Milngavie
- Finish: Fort William
- Available: Mar - Oct
All our independent walking tours are planned to utilise local transport options thus greatly minimising your Carbon footprint.
Forget the hassle of driving around and enjoy more of the landscapes, people, flavour and atmosphere of Scotland.