Please note that bookings for the West Highland Way Highlights in May and June 2018 are not available. July onwards is possible, please contact us to check first.
If you just have a few days to spare but want to savour some classic walks then this West Highland Way Highlights tour is for you; a fantastic introduction to walking in Scotland. Each day’s walk has a different feel, differing landscapes and makes for wonderful memories.
This is one of C-N-Do’s specially crafted slow travel tours, using local and public transport and your own energy to get to know Scotland.
Enjoy, and come again or tell your friends. Slow travel - the only way to See and Do Scotland.
About The West Highland Way
Please Note: This tour starts in Crianlarich and finishes in Fort William.
- Explore the fantastic northern section of the West Highland Way, 50 miles from Crianlarich to the foot of Ben Nevis
- Each day you walk through different landscapes and through grander and grander scenery
- For those new to Scotland, a fantastic introduction to the walking opportunities we have to offer
- Stunning scenery and an amazing achievement
- Wide Strathfillan
- The mighty mountains and wide lonely expanses of Rannoch Moor
- The Devil's staircase and winding descent to Loch Leven
- Beautiful birch woods and the rugged Lairig Mor
- First views of Ben Nevis and journey's end
Carbon Conservation - Give Something Back
Support the C-N-Do Scotland Carbon Conservation project and contribute to the reduction of the CO2 and Carbon released from your day to day travel by improving the natural Carbon reservoirs of Scotland.
Day 1: Arrive in Crianlarich by 10am. Walk to Bridge of Orchy; 21km.
Day 2: Walk to Kingshouse via Rannoch Moor; 19km.
Day 3: Walk to Kinlochleven via Devil’s staircase; 14.4km.
Day 4: Walk to Fort William via Lairig Mor; 24km. Onward travel.
When to go:
Each season has its own special feeling. March–April: Late snows on the high hills and the clear winter air makes for sparklingly clear landscapes and photos.
May-June: Spring flowers and the first flush of luminous green as the trees burst forth.
July–August: Summer days, birds galore, the start of the heather colours on the hills.
September–October: Autumn tints increasingly form the colour palette, the haunting sounds of deer rutting, and the autumn mists adding to the mystery of the hills.
Superior Option - What's Included:
- The northern section of the West Highland Way over 4 days walking
- 3 nights in ensuite hotel or guest house
- 3 full Scottish breakfasts
- Baggage Transfers
- Walking maps for the areas visited
- Walking route notes for the areas visited
- Holiday Dossier with background information and advice, local attractions and suggestions
- Helpline when on the route
- VAT at the current rate of 20%
- Take the classic train journey south at the end to Glasgow
- Take the ‘Harry Potter’ steam train to the coast at Mallaig
- Stay on in Fort William to have a go at walking up Ben Nevis
- Book extra accommodation in Fort William for some additional exploring
- Have some time in Glasgow or Edinburgh before or after for some City Culture
- Meals not specified above
- Optional local bus journeys or excursions or entries
- £495 per person based 2 people sharing a room
- £100 single supplement
- £545 individual booking
Video from our West Highland Way Highlights
Sorry, there is currently no video available for this activity.
1 person per booking in a single room. (Single room supplement included)
2 or more walkers:
Minimum 2 people per booking based 2 sharing.
(2 or more)
- Grade: -
- Price: From £495
- Duration: 4 days
- Accommodation: 3 nights
- Walking: 4 days
- Group size: 1 or more
- Start: Crianlarich
- Finish: Glasgow
- Available: Jun - Oct
All our Independent Walking Tours are planned to utilise local transport options thus greatly minimising your Carbon footprint.
Forget the hassle of driving around and enjoy more of the landscapes, people, flavour and atmosphere of Scotland.