Please note that bookings for the Great Glen Way in May and June 2018 are not available. July onwards is possible, please contact us to check first.
The Great Glen Way follows the Great Glen fault throughout its length. The scenery is enthralling, the history intriguing, Loch Ness Monster spotting in-describable, and the challenge very achievable; a fine walk with plenty of variety.
Please Note: This tour starts in Fort William and finishes in Inverness. If you wish to do it north to south, then let us know.
This is one of C-N-Do’s specially crafted slow travel tours, to get to know Scotland.
Enjoy, and come again or tell your friends. Slow travel - the only way to holiday in Scotland.
About The Great Glen Way: Holiday Highlights
- A journey along the Great Glen Fault
- History and Heritage from modern day to 400 million years ago
- Walk the length of Loch Ness
- Stunning scenery and an amazing achievement
- Neptune's Staircase
- Loch side oak and birch woods
- The old Military Road along Loch Oich
- Picturesque Fort Augustus
- Nessie spotting
- Inverness, the Highland Capital, and journey's end
Carbon Conservation - Give Something Back
Support the C-N-Do Scotland Carbon Conservation project and contribute to the reduction of the CO2 and Carbon released from your day to day travel by improving the natural Carbon reservoirs of Scotland.
Day 1: Walk to Gairlochy by the Caledonian Canal, 17.5km
Day 2: Walk to Laggan via Loch Lochy, 19km
Day 3: Walk to Fort Augustus and the banks of Loch Ness, 19km
Day 4: Walk to Invermoriston, 13km
Day 5: Walk to Drumnadrochit, 22km
Day 6: Walk to Inverness, 29km (or take a taxi to Abriachan and shorten the walk to 19km.)
When to go:
The best time to go is just about anytime. Each season has its own special feeling.
March–April: Late snows on the high hills and the clear winter air makes for sparklingly clear landscapes.
May-June: Spring flowers and the first flush of luminous green as the trees burst forth.
July–August: Summer days, birds galore, the start of the heather colours on the hills.
September–October: Autumn tints increasingly form the colour palette, the haunting sounds of deer rutting, and the autumn mists adding to the mystery of the hills.
Superior Option - What's Included:
- 5 nights in 2 person ensuite guest house B&B accommodations.
- Walking the Great Glen Way over 6 days.
- Walking maps of the route
- Holiday dossier with background information and advice, local attractions and suggestions.
- Emergency helpline
- VAT at the current rate
- Pop out to Mallaig on the Harry Potter train
- Take a boat trip on Loch Ness
- Add a day trip to Orkney at the end
- Have some time in Glasgow or Edinburgh before or after for some City Culture
- Meals not specified above
- Optional local bus journeys or excursions or entries
- £495 per person based on 2 people sharing a room
- £120 single supplement
- £675 single person booking on their own
Video from our Great Glen Way
Sorry, there is currently no video available for this activity.
1 person per booking in a single room. (Single room supplement included)
2 or more walkers:
Minimum 2 people per booking based 2 sharing.
(2 or more)
- Price: £510
- Duration: 6 days
- Accommodation: 5 nights
- Walking: 6 days
- Group size: 1 or more
- Start: Fort William
- Finish: Inverness
- Available: Mar - Oct
All our independent walking tours are planned to utilise local transport options thus greatly minimising your Carbon footprint.
Forget the hassle of driving around and enjoy more of the landscapes, people, flavour and atmosphere of Scotland.