Loch Lomond to Loch Ness Independent walking holiday
This is one of C-N-Do’s specially crafted slow travel tours, using public transport and your own energy to get to know Scotland.
With lots of choices for walking, cycling and generally good old fashioned exploring, you will get to know and love the areas and communities you pass through.
Enjoy, and come again or tell your friends. Slow travel - the only way to holiday in Scotland.
About The Loch Lomond to Loch Ness route
This 10 day trip, of some 93miles / 150km, combines the easier northern half of the West Highland Way with the flatter southern half of the Great Glen Way. The route between these two iconic lochs is one of superlatives; You’ll see Loch Lomond - the one with the largest surface area in Britain, and Loch Ness – second largest and the one containing the most water; you’ll pass Ben Nevis – the highest mountain in the UK, walk through the Lairig Mor (Big Pass), and if you’re lucky spot Nessie, the rarest water creature in Europe.
Please Note: This tour starts in Glasgow and finishes in Fort Augustus.
- A journey along some of the best parts of Scotland's most well known long distance paths, 95 miles from Loch Lomond to Loch Ness
- For those new to Scotland, a fantastic introduction to the walking opportunities we have to offer
- Stunning scenery and an amazing achievement
- Loch Lomond and its loch side oak woods
- The mighty mountains and wide lonely expanses of Rannoch Moor
- The Devil's staircase and winding descent to Loch Leven
- Beautiful birch woods and rugged Lairig Mor
- First views of Ben Nevis
- Neptune's Staircase and the amazing route of the Caledonian Canal
- The deep valley of the Great Glen
- Fort Augustus and journey's end at the shores of Loch Ness
Make a booking
1 person per booking in a single room. (Single room supplement included)
2 or more walkers:
Minimum 2 people per booking based 2 sharing. (Single room supplement extra £60 per person)
(2 or more)