- C-N-Do Scotland Ltd (‘We’/’Us’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- From a data protection point of view C-N-Do Scotland Ltd is a ‘data controller’.
- C-N-Do Scotland Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the Data Protection Act 1998.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- We process personal information about customers, staff and representatives of other organisations. We may collect and process data about you in the manner set out below.
- You may give Us information about yourself by filling in forms on, or downloaded from, Our Sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or in person. This includes information you provide to Us in the course of booking an activity or service, making an enquiry, requesting marketing information or taking part in social media functions or other forums on Our Sites.
- The information you give us may include your personal details, goods and services, financial details, previous experience, health, and dietary information.
- In the case of an accident or near miss either as the subject of, or witness to one, personal details may be sought in the process of filling in report forms.
- With regard to each of your visits to Our Sites, we may automatically collect the following information about you for website analysis purposes:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We work closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment services, delivery services, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We will use the information you give to us:
- To provide the activity, service or goods you have requested.
- To maintain our own accounts, records and statutory requirements.
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To notify you about changes to Our Sites or services. To administer Our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Sites about goods or services that may interest you or them
- To ensure that content from Our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We may combine the information We receive from other sources with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Your information will be shared with the following others only as appropriate, depending on the nature of the service or goods requested:
- Accommodation providers
- Ticket suppliers
- Mountain training candidate management system
- National Navigation Award Scheme candidate management system.
- Card payment processing companies
- Activity and support personnel
- Medical advisors
- Postal or courier service providers
- A future owner of C-N-Do Scotland Ltd
- Participants on National Navigation Award or Mountain Training courses will have their names, date of birth, email address (if provided), shared with TahDah Verified Limited (TVL) which hosts the online Candidate Management System (CMS) used by Us to manage those awards. If an email address is provided you will receive a login password for the online CMS so that you can manage and update your own details on the respective databases.
- We may share relevant information about you with third parties including:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors but only in connection with the performance of any contract We enter into with them for you.
- Anonymised information only with Web Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Sites.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of C-N-Do Scotland Ltd, Our customers, business partners or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
LENGTH OF TIME DATA HELD
- Customers – until requested otherwise except under our statutory obligations.
- Enquirers – for up to 2 years unless requested otherwise.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us digitally is stored on Our secure server. Any payment transactions will be processed in accordance with the Payment Processing section below.
- Personal information supplied on paper is stored in lockable office storage.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We accept payments by cheque, cash, bank transfer, or card via the C-N-Do Scotland office.
- If you pay for anything by credit / debit card through the online Booking System, your payment is facilitated by a Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant payment gateway. All payments are secure and encrypted.
- Card payments processed manually in our office produce an imprinted paper copy generated by the payment terminal. These are kept securely in lockable office storage.
- We operate an ‘opt in’ system for processing your personal data for marketing purposes. Customers will be deemed to have ‘opted in’ for the purposes of receiving intermittent information updates on available services and goods. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting Us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Sites may contain links to and from the websites of other service providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own data management policies and We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. This can be done in writing by recorded deliver to C-N-Do Scotland Ltd, 33 Stirling Enterprise Park, Stirling, FK7 7RP, Scotland, supplying proof of identity.
Here at C-N-Do Scotland we respect your privacy. You will receive absolutely no 'spam' whatsoever from us. If you have any concerns, questions or comments please contact us on 01786 445 703.